Visit the 6th International Conference Automotive 48V Power Supply Systems from 26−29 November 2018 in Berlin and read out about this years key topic area, such as new powertrain configurations, component requirements, challenges in mass production, system‘s increased complexity, power electronics, battery technology, and much more!
Find out more and download the Automotive 48V Power Supply Systems agenda here:
Read the top 7 stories on 48V Power Supply Systems in June 2018, with e.g. insights on the following topics:
- New diesel 48V mild-hybrid powertrain
- Punch Powertrain e-DCT systems
- Next generation electric cars run on 48V low voltage motors
Download the complete PDF here for free:
What are the main goals of ISO 21780 and what will be the role of 48V beyond the mild hybrid realm? Automotive IQ talked to Stephen Pickering, Technical Specialist – Power Systems at Jaguar Land Rover, and answered these questions, among many others. Read the full Interview here for free:
Automotive IQ talked with Marc Uhl, Vice President Engineering at SEG Automotive Germany GmbH, and answered the following questions, among many others:
- What were the challenges with serial production of motors?
- The most used topology in current 48 powertrain systems is P0. What are the future prospects for the other topologies?
Download the complete interview here for free:
Automotive IQ spoke with Stephen Pickering, Technical Specialist – Power Systems at Jaguar Land Rover, and discussed the following questions:
- How can ISO 21780 help to facilitate the progressive introduction of nominal 48V systems into road vehicles?
- How to overcome remaining challenges such as wiring harness to make 48V a standard technology?
- What will be the role of 48V beyond mild hybrid realm and will it still be relevant when most cars will be fully electric?
Thomas Mayer, Project Lead LV Recuperation Systems, Energy Management and Customer Functions at BMW talked with Automotive IQ, and answered the following questions, among many others:
- What are the limits of a 48V power net. What functions should use this voltage level and what determines the choice?
- If you were to name 3 main challenges that the 48V technology is facing, what would they be?
- With 48V vehicle entering the mass market now, what is the next step? What needs to be done to make it more affordable?
Read the complete here for here: